Yusuf Ssali and Sophia Barker are working on a new bark cloth artwork
The artwork is a commissioned piece which uses bark cloth, seashells, found objects, woven fabrics and acryllic paint to create a deeply textured and dramatic work of art. Barker came to th U.S. for two months specifically to work on the project with Yusuf Ssali. Bark cloth is a traditional Ugandan material which is made from the bark of the Mutuba tree. It has been used for religious ceremonies for over 500 years.
- Interview with James Nsamba
- Yusuf Ssali and Sophia Barker are working on a new bark cloth artwork
- Christian Diego, Student of the Month
- Washington DC Exhibition Jan. 23-27
- Ssali's Art Now in San Francisco's Subways
- Ssali featured in Independent Magazine story
- New: Shop Amazon and help Ugandart FREE!
- We're holding a big exhibition in Berkeley in November
- Mulago class sends aprons and handbags
- New kids workshop starts in Namungona
- Art Therapy Really Works, Drexel U. Study Shows
- The Football Art Project
- Kalerwe kids art and recycling program on national TV in Uganda